<physics> In any compound lens (a lens system composed of more than one lens element), the last lens through which the light passes is called the back lens. It may be a single simple lens, a doublet, or triplet.

See: front lens

(05 Aug 1998)

backing store, back injuries, back-knee, backlash < Prev | Next > back link, backlog, back mutation

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums