<chemistry> The term for the fluid (such as a buffer solution) that is used in column chromatography to separate the components of a mixed sample.The fluid is run through the column and brings out the separated substances (separately).

(09 Oct 1997)

elsewhere, ELSIE, Elsie MacLachlan, El Tor vibrio < Prev | Next > eluate, eluent, elusive ulcer, elutant

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums