1. One who applies glazing, as in pottery manufacture, etc.; one who gives a glasslike or glossy surface to anything; a calenderer or smoother of cloth, paper, and the like.

2. A tool or machine used in glazing, polishing, smoothing, etc.; amoung cutlers and lapidaries, a wooden wheel covered with emery, or having a band of lead and tin alloy, for polishing cutlery, etc.

(01 Mar 1998)

glaucosis, glaucosuria, glaucous, glaucus < Prev | Next > GLB, Glc, gleam, Gleason, Donald

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums