A knot or gnarl in wood; hence, a tough, thickset man.

Alternative forms: gnarr

Origin: OE. Knarre, gnarre, akin to OD. Knor, G. Knorren. Cf. Knar, Knur, Gnarl.

(01 Mar 1998)

GMS, GMT, Gm type, gn, gnaphalium < Prev | Next > gnarl, gnarly, gnashing, Gnat

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums