1. <zoology> A minute smooth rodlike or fusiform structure found in the tissues of many Turbellaria.

2. <zoology> One of the hard parts forming the ovipositor of insects.

Origin: Gr. "rabdos a rod.

(01 Mar 1998)

rhabarbarine, rhabarberone, rhabd-, rhabdiasoidea < Prev | Next > rhabditida, rhabditida infections, rhabditiform

Bookmark with: icon icon icon icon iconword visualiser Go and visit our forums Community Forums