What will your assessor be looking for?
when you've finished this page you will be able to...
- identify the presentation skills you need to improve
When you present at university your assessor will be looking for the following things:
- A good knowledge of the subject you are presenting - this will include your ability to answer questions
- A presentation that is pitched at the correct level for the audience
- Evidence of planning that results in a clear and well structured presentation
- A good use of visual aids to highlight and explain important aspects of your presentations
Clear and coherent delivery
- Your ability to follow any restriction or requirements placed on your presentation (time limit, topic, type of visual aids to be used etc.)
- Your ability to interact with your audience using eye-contact and good presenting technique
Activity: how can you better your grade? - 10 minutes
1. Read the list of points above that outline what assessors are looking for during a presentation.
2. Pick out the two or three that you instinctively feel that you will struggle with; for example if you know you are nervous about public speaking, pick the last one.
3. Make a note of these points and when you have to give a presentation make a concerted effort to work on these areas. You may find it useful to look at our other presentation courses to help you improve in these areas.